Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Double Mats

Rain, rain, rain, and more rain!  That's good, just not good for satellite reception!  However, Hughesnet was having a bigger problem, mainly the satellite.  We had no Internet for most of the day.  When we did get reconnected, I spent most of my time uploading the images to the High Hand Gallery's Facebook page.  Just now it took me forever to just sign on to my Google blog.  IT gadgets and gimmicks can fill up one's day and you're still not getting anything accomplished!

So as I'm cutting mats the last couple of days, I'm showing them to my hubby for his input.  His take was that I need to cut double mats and do the photos justice!  Grrrrrrr, that 's not what I wanted to hear.  Dangit I hate cutting double mats - it's HARD!  To make a long story short I bought four more colors of mat board yesterday.  I'm still working on them.

Monday I finished up my gelatin silver print of the Mountain Quarries RR Bridge for the Centennial contest.  At least I thought I had, and again my husband says right off the bat, "...that frame doesn't do it justice."  Just like that.  "You need to frame it in just a black frame."  And then he leaves.  Hhhhmmm.  So I change out the frame to a plain black anodized metal frame v. the rustic brown and black wood frame.  I have to admit, it does look crisper.

I'm going back to cutting mats for the time being.  This image from Oia, Santorini is one that I am cutting an under mat of white, then an over mat of gray that matches the gray in the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment