Monday, March 5, 2012

Canvas Prints

Yesterday I delivered my new artwork to the High Hand Gallery and that was a relief!  Set up the matted and framed Artful Bra Poster on an easel in the gallery too!  Today I'll follow up making the greeting cards to match the new artwork to take to the gallery.  I'll take some of the older ones home for now.

I called Big Canvas Prints and spoke with Barbara.  She clarified a few of my questions, since I'm a novice at canvas prints.  In regards to signing the image there are several options: 1) I could send them my digital signature and they would place it on the image in the lower right corner; 2) some of the clients sign their prints with a Sharpee, either on the front or the side; and 3) some send them a Certificate of Authenticity to include with the canvas print.  In regards to option number 3, they would drop ship directly to my client (if that were the case).  I also asked what would be the largest I could print with my images at that size and she said 70" wide x 40" high, and a lot of other sizes in between.  I also asked her about the extra blank canvas on the edge, and that is the portion of the canvas that they use to 'stretch' the canvas.  If I wanted, they could trim it for me, or I could trim it with scissors.  And finally, yes that was the glossy.  It's not a high gloss and I really like the way it looks.  It's almost matte looking, until the light shines on it.

Here is the other color digital print that I framed from Oia, Greece.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I agree with you. Really this blog is very informative.
    Canvas prints

    ReplyDelete