Sunday, March 4, 2012

Big Canvas Prints

Guess what I got in the mail yesterday?  That's right!  I received my two gallery wraps and they look beauteous!  They are both 16x24, came with a hanging wire, however, I'm not real sure if I'm really happy with the finish on the back.  I had ordered the 'mirrored' edges and I like the way they came out.  I think the blank canvas where the image ends could have been trimmed some.  Other than that, I'm pleased.  I also can't figure out if it really is glossy as I ordered, it might be.  I am definitely happy with the finish.  The lady who took my order said she had mistakenly clicked on the matt finish, but that she would correct it to glossy, which she did.  The colors were true to my original image.  They were both packaged in Styrofoam sheets, with Styrofoam packing material, in a heavy duty cardboard box.  No damages.  Awesome!

One of the issues I had with the gallery wraps was:  how do I sign it?  Should I sign it on top of the UV finish?  Inside?  On the stretcher frame?  I didn't sign them, but what I did was add a card with all the information and stapled it to the back off the extra canvas.  I think I'll email the company and ask them what their clients do in that respect.

So, then I decided to 'try' cutting some mats.  It was a little painful at first, but since I'm right-handed, I was using my right hand and arm, and just used my body weight to put the pressure on cutting.  First I started with the poster for the Artful Bra event for practice.  That came out really nice.  So I proceeded to cut the mats for two images from Santorini that I asked my husband for his opinion on which frames to use.  One of the digital images is black and white and I put it in a black wood frame with a little line of gold in it, with the white mat board.  It looks very sophisticated since the lines in the actual photo are clean and striking.  The other color digital  image is framed in a grey 3" wide wood frame with a white mat.  It is mostly whites and greys and a little rust color in the gate and urns.   I took a break for dinner and then finished up late last night.  Today I'll take them down to the gallery for the re-hang that starts Tuesday.



I thought I'd share the black and white image.  I titled it, "Oia Ocean View".

No comments:

Post a Comment