Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cyanotype and Gelatin Silver Prints

As a follow-up on the Cyanotype scarf that I made, I'm posting an image of what the layout looked like when the scarf was laying out in the sun getting toasted!  Thought you might want to see that.  I wore my scarf on Friday to the High Hand Gallery when I was working.  I stopped by again on Saturday to bring a framed photo back and brought up my Blog to show some of the artists working there what it looked like.  They really enjoyed seeing it.  In the course of the conversation, they got me to thinking that maybe I could, on my own, treat scarves myself and make them - might be less expensive, that is if I decide to go that route.



I plan on going back into the darkroom today to start working on my next project which is the Blue Moon Gallery's August show titled "Collectively Speaking".  Because each artists work is very different from each other, each artist is asked to create three pieces of a same scene or theme.  I have a couple of themes in mind as I'm perusing thru my European film images:  restaurant scenes and performing artists, both of which I captured during my trip.  I'll keep you posted on that progress.  I need to submit the jpeg's by May 1st.

I also have the deadline for the California State Fair's Fine Art "Call for Entries" taped to my wall as a reminder.  That deadline is April 20th.  I haven't really gone to the website for the complete information yet.  Something I'm still contemplating as I've never entered the State Fair competition.  I know my nephew has and actually won first place a few years back.  He's really good!.      

No comments:

Post a Comment