Monday, March 26, 2012

Black and White Film Developing

Sunday I spent several hours going thru my negatives.  I mean several hours.  I have 8 million negatives too! ; )
Today though I did mix up the last of my developer and the other chemicals to work in the darkroom for a few hours today.  I ended up continuing with my Bodie Ghost Town 2011 series.  I would like to finish up some 8x10's of that last roll and then I will move on to the Blue Moon Series of "Collectively Speaking".  I did gather up some images that were either restaurant scenes and also street performers from my negatives.  Then I moved on to noting some digital images and placing them in a folder so that I will have them in one place and I won't have to peruse my digital files again for that particular upcoming show.

Getting back to Bodie Ghost Town, I worked on five images.  Only two were great in my opinion.  There are still 16 images from that same roll that appeal to me that I want to develop and I plan on continuing with that tomorrow.  First thing in the morning though I will head off to Sacramento to buy more chemicals and paper.

This afternoon when my developer looked like it was totally spent, I cleaned up my mess in the darkroom and continued with cleaning out my closet of cameras.  I have decided to sell two of my cameras that I don't use, and that still leaves me with 10 cameras!!  Two of them are my husband's but I think he gave me his film Minolta camera.  Maybe I can get a credit from the camera store which definitely works for me so I can buy my supplies.

This afternoon I also watched some videos on YouTube pertaining to the Platinum Paladium process and several others hosted by Ted Forbes of 'art of photography'.  I watched one of his on white balance, light meters, books to read, and film.  I love it.  If you haven't tried it you should.  Whatever subject you want to know about, it's there for your pleasure.  We can all use refresher courses and there's always room to learn and keep up-to-date on whatever subject you want.  I told my husband I could stay in my studio all day long and just come out for food! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment