Sunday, March 11, 2012

Berg's Brown/Copper Toning Solution

I mixed my newly delivered toner this morning and am going to tone a couple prints of the No Hands Bridge.  I'm heading into the darkroom shortly.  If you haven't tried any of the toning solutions - it's not that hard.  Before I get started I will have to re-soak my prints as they were developed and dried last week.  They will soak for 10 minutes, then they will be ready to immerse into the toner.  I want an antique look to the print, so I will only keep them in the toner for 30 seconds.  Previously I had done test strips at various times so I would have something to go by.  I'll head in there as soon as I finish writing.

This morning I headed down to the High Hand Gallery as I needed to take some photos of all the new artwork for our Facebook page, as well as for the upcoming cards that are mail out to our patrons.  The gallery has been changed out as of last Wednesday and it really looks great.  We have a couple of new artists too.  this month's theme is "Spring Forward".  It took me a good hour to get numerous shots:  close-ups of the individual artwork; group wall shots; and also got a couple of some of the visitors at the gallery today.  Because I'm height-challenged, I use a ladder sometimes to get a full on look at the artwork.  Some of the shots are taken with and then without a flash.  It's better to take the photos during the day when the sun is out - it wasn't out today, but it wasn't night time either.  More light gets in there during the day.  Now I get to download the photos onto the computer and start working on them, posting them to FB, and sending them to the other gallery members who require them!

No comments:

Post a Comment