Monday, March 7, 2011

High Hand Gallery


This weekend the show ended at Blue Moon Gallery in Sacramento and so it was time to pick up my photos. Sadly there were no sales at this show - just cards. As I was discussing this with the owner of the gallery, she commented that photography is a good way to display art for the price! (So true!) When you see or watch design shows it's always B&W photography that is on the walls. I think it is the economy right now and of course we had alot of bad rainy days in February which didn't help either. I'm not one to cry in my gin, so it's off to High Hand!!

The theme for this month's show is 'Keepsakes' which I've mentioned before. I have already selected the photos and will deliver them to High Hand Gallery tomorrow as that is when the gallery gets changed out. It's always exciting to see the new art on the walls. This morning I sent three photos of the work I am putting in this show to the person who is doing the press release.

This weekend I also found out about a local art show right here in my neighborhood!! A fellow artist is putting this show together with local artists in this area. We live in a very rural area, so once I get the particulars I will post it on my blog here. And of course I will also send out information on the new High Hand show as well.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary,
    I signed up. Nice photo of you. This is a test.....Tacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tacy! Your Mom and Pat are standing right here with me reading your post! ; )

    ReplyDelete