Monday, March 21, 2011

Gallery Life


Trying hard to get back in the flow of life here at home. We've lost a dear family member, so it's going to take some time. In addition, we were in the middle of the kitchen remodel and that project is just about done too.

Last weekend at the High Hand Gallery was the Third Saturday Artists Reception and though the weather was storming with heavy rain, there were plenty of visitors. In addition there were three live artist demonstrations: Pauline Amerine drawing her fruit and vegetable with pastels; Ann Bowns painting a silk scarf; and Unni Stevens making block prints! So it was quite lively to say the least. We also had some live music for the evening - a gentleman was playing the electric guitar with some soothing sounds. And the really good news was that I sold one of my framed photos specifically hung for the 'Keepsakes' show titled, "Autumn Leaves". So that was pretty cool for moi! What that means now is that I need to replace it - PDQ!! I've already decided to frame another fall leaf theme type photo, and I'll need a frame for that too. And I need to do it tonite! So, I'm off to get that done and it's also raining again today.

Here's the picture that sold this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment