Thursday, March 10, 2011

Digital Prints with an Overlay


Been busy this week. Already been to the gallery twice - yesterday I was able to finally hang my works for the March and April show: Keepsakes. Kat did a great job hanging all the artwork. People may not realize how hard it is to hang artwork to make it look pleasing to one's eye and to group the art according to colors. It's a knack and she certainly has it. Today I will be going back to take photos for the person who sends out the High Hand Gallery's emails for the monthly shows.

Yesterday when Kat was hanging the artwork - she needed one more photo to hang next to some blue-green felted scarves and wall hanging. We hung a Bodie picture but it just wasn't working. So she asked me if I could bring in something 'blue'. This morning I searched my files and found a sailboat picture from Tiburon Bay. I've learned that if I have a photo that I'm not really happy about as far as clarity goes - it already has substance - if I put a layer on it I can turn it into a great piece of artwork. Manipulated photos...something I never really liked to do but now it's kind of fun. I've done this mostly for cards. So I put a layer of 'Chalk' on it and it came out fabulous! I printed it on Smooth Fine Art Paper and made it a giclee (very large file with archival K3 inks). I've already matted it and put it in a frame. I tried my hand again at cutting glass, after practicing the other day, and was able to cut the non-glare glass the first time! I'll finish off the back, make a label, and head out to the gallery to hang it and finish taking photos of the featured artists, of which I am one!

No comments:

Post a Comment