Thursday, March 3, 2011

Framing and Double Mats

Surprise, surprise! I found a brand new black metal frame still in the paper in my supply of frames for my 'Winter Snow Lion' color photo! Then I started looking at my mat board supply and I saw the flash of the steel gray-blue piece of mat board pass thru my fingers and I thought - perfect! I'll do a double window mat! I've actually only cut two of these before as it is hard to do to get perfectly even! But - voila! It came out pretty nice I must say, and then with the black frame, it just makes the whole picture pop! It took a few hours to put this one together but it was well worth it.

I've whittled it down now to two photos each of the four categories: Historical Keepsakes, Transient Keepsakes, Mother Earth's Keepsakes, and Forgotten Keepsakes. And I have four B&W and four color. I just have one picture that I will do in the darkroom for this show. The picture is the Old Veteran cypress out on Point Lobos. I've shown it before, however, I haven't processed it in the darkroom. Labs always printed it out for me. And I looked at the ones I had in stock, but I'm not really liking the quality now. Funny how that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment