Monday, June 10, 2013

"Celebrating Auburn's Past"

I know I haven't posted for quite awhile.  Originally I was just worn out from that last High Hand event - The Artful Bra Show - but other than household chores and yard work I was starting to get back into action.  I did order the 13x19 Museo Silver Rag inkjet paper and it has arrived.  Then the power went out and my PC monitor went out and I couldn't recover it.  Found out it was dead but I did get 8 years out of it, so I guess that's good.  Purchased a new monitor not realizing it didn't have speakers like my old Dell monitor.  So had to go back to Best Buy and buy speakers.  I'm arguing with the guy, "...I just want plain ol' speakers - no fancy woofer..."  ; )  So for $35 I got some Logitech speakers with a woofer.  WOW!  I have a new stereo system!  Love it.  I listen to Pandora while I'm working - or CDs from my PC or sometimes from my boombox - heh heh!  So now I can put one of the speakers in the darkroom too!  I'm all set up  -- again!!

My recent project is the Auburn Arts Commission's Call to Artists for "Celebrating Auburn's Past".  I worked on a collaboration piece with a fellow artist/friend Rose Kirby.  I took the black and white photos of historical buildings and landmarks in Auburn.  She took the printed photos and collaged them, added acrylic paint to create "Rattlesnake Dick" who was one of the most wanted men in the early 1800's.  She entered it and it got juried into the show!!  The awards ceremony is this upcoming Thursday in conjunction with Aurburn's Artwalk from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. at City Hall.  Awards will be made at 6:30 p.m.  Here's a picture of the artwork:


  With the recent heat - it gets pretty hot in my studio - even though it has central H/A.  Today is nice and cool - I think I might be doing some printing on the Museo Silver Rag.  I do have to bring in new artwork for July and August.  I have one framed photo transfer and I think I'll print some Bodie images.

No comments:

Post a Comment