Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Canvas Gallery Wrap - KVIE Art Auction 2013

At the last minute on Tuesday I finally decided to go ahead and try to enter the KVIE Live Auction.  And so I did, and I got my acceptance email today!!  Pretty quick I must say!  While I was completing the entry form online, the rules dictated the size of the image to be at least 16x20.  My printed version in black and white on Museo Silver Rag was 13x19.  So, I immediately got on the Internet and ordered a 24x32 gallery wrap.  The artwork is due June 28th, so it's all falling into place.

Today after getting my car serviced for almost 4 hours, I headed over to Delta Mat and Moulding and picked up mat board, non-glare glass and more hardware for framing.  I've got my work cut out for me, literally:  double mats for the 13x19 images, and smaller for the gallery.  It's time to pre-cut some mats so I'll have them on hand.  New artwork for High Hand Gallery is due the end of June.

I'll be busy tomorrow night for the Auburn Artwalk and I'll keep you posted on how the awards go for Auburn Arts commission's "Celebrating Auburn's Past" juried show.  It's getting exciting - again!  Saturday it's back to working in the High Hand Gallery!

No comments:

Post a Comment