Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Bodie Ghost Town 2012 Series

Change in plans for the KVIE entry.  I tried to have a canvas gallery wrap made locally, and it came back a complete disaster!  It was purple and not black and white at all!  Then called my "normal" supplier for canvas wraps back in Wisconsin and unfortunately they would not be able to get the wrap to me in time.  After stewing for a few hours, I just told myself I cannot get upset over this.  So I graciously wrote an email to KVIE and told them I would not be able to participate this year.  And I just let go all of the stress in one fell swoop!

Getting back to prints for the High Hand Gallery, I printed out two 13x19 images from my 2012 Bodie Series on Museo Silver Rag, cut double mats and framed them.  I have to say these are two of my best works ever and I'm really proud of them both!  It's just a waiting game to see how my public likes them.  I think I am in love with this paper - granted it's expensive, but the results are amazing!

Yesterday I printed out more prints for cards and cut mats for several other Bodie prints from that same series, on the Museo Silver Rag at 8 1/2 x 11 size.  They too came out quite impressive.  Today I finished all the cards as well as putting the prints in the mats, wrapped them all in cellophane sleeves and took them to the gallery tonite when we had our meeting.

Earlier today I took the time to watch a series of videos from Epson which were free for starters.  The first two were interviews with John Sexton and Kim Weston, both well-known photographers.  John worked with Ansel Adams and Kim is the grandson of Edward Weston.  In addition to the two interviews there are four instructional videos for printing on Epson's Fine Art Paper using Silver Efex Pro 2.  Here is the link if you are interested:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Landing/black-and-white-printing-tutorials-expert-interviews.do?RMID=PI_20130601_BW_Launch&RRID=3167862 

Times are changing at the High Hand Gallery.  They are introducing a POS System (point of sale).  Each artist is required to enter their inventory into this new system and each piece of artwork will then have a bar code affixed to it.  It will make documenting the sales easier with less room for error - ??  Needless to say I definitely need to get busy on this project!

I will close with one of the new Bodie images titled, "Bodie Remains":



No comments:

Post a Comment